Thursday, February 13, 2014

1000 bases in a box

Oooh.  That ought to hold 'em.
My box of bases arrived from impact minis.  1000 x 30mm beveled bases.
  Also included was H.P Lovecraft, The Dude (Lebowski), superdeformed Warduke & Uni from Dungeons And Dragons TV show and a Matt Dixon vampire chick.  Great casts- I will definitely be shopping there again.  Heck... I may even get me an elfball sports team.
  Tonight I rebased my orc warband, my Molly Squidgepidge Malifaux team and some lovely old chaos figures- more broo and a few thugs.  The bases look great- plenty of decoration room that is giving me a few ideas.
  I also grabbed some modgepodge for water effects... it is like pva but dries crisp and clear.  It is brilliant stuff!  Some experiments will follow no doubt.  I find it grabs sand very well too- far better than regular pva.  I suspect it will make great medium for washes... I will try that soon. I love new art materials to mess with.

8 comments:

  1. I bought 3500 bases last week. I like to stick my hand in the bags. Feels good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh... I was going to say that! I have to do that to a big old bucket of dice too.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, yes. Do let us know about the mod-podge washes. That would be really interesting indeed...

    Impact is great, and those urban achiever minis are even greater. I've been wanting some of those for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mod-podge for miniature use? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloss mod podge replaces water effects for a seriously glossy wet bit.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I sculpted the Dude and his friends too! Sorry for the reverse order comments.... :P

    ReplyDelete