Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines day

Here is a snap of my current tray of rebasing fun.  1980's citadel orcs mainly- which are all done now and ready for final paint jobs.  The orcs are all tinted game ready paint jobs- I have yet to go over them and sexy them up.  It is going to be fun having a full playable set of greenskins again.

Orcs, savage orcs, citadel limited editions, malifaux and impact minis- all reach second base. 
  I want to get some more original savage orcs for a separate war band- so I gave them a olive brown color schemeand will be making primitive shields for them.  I was tempted to paint my Pygmy models in a less racist manner by making them Savage goblins... but part of me wants to keep them as a reminder of how UN-PC Games Workshop used to be.

  The hp lovecraft mini is front and centerish.  He needs priming, painting, paranoia, agoraphobia and just a hint of racism.  Did anyone do a Robert E. Howard mini?  I think I may rebase him onto some eldritch engraved flagstones.
  I am toying with making a 'mushroom' maker tool.  Tutorial if it works.  (DONE!  See next post!)


10 comments:

  1. What process do you have for your Orc skin? Don't know if you have been asked that in a previous post; apologies if so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My orc skin is still experimental- but I use liquitex paints after Kev Adams told me they where what he used on his back in the day. Awesome colors!

      Delete
    2. A good mate of mine used to have a liquitex red. Think I used it once or twice. What shades did Kev use?

      Delete
  2. I see some Night Horrors, Orc Shaman, Mormo Kaleb D., and my little pony?

    Mushroom Mold Tut would be real cool.

    Good Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man. You love basing more than anyone I can think of. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I hate basing... I just want the perfect base ;)
      Mind you.. it is kinda zen after the first few hundred.

      Delete
  4. I am honoured to see a mini that I sculpted on your table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a treat to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dirto- you got me wanting to sculpt pig orcs now!

      Delete